Saturday, March 6, 2010

I'm taking a day off from the computer today. Ok, well, yes, I'm on it right now, but as soon as I post this I'm signing off for the day. Yesterday Rob stayed with Brett while I took care of the other kids. Once I got Mark to school, it was just me and G. It was nice because it is rare for it to be just the two of us. Usually if I'm with just one child, it's Mark or Brett. We had fun cruising the Target and Walmart aisles!

My parents came in town to help us out this weekend, and I'm home with the other people in my family, and want to give my attention to them. Also, the house is a complete wreck. We have one set of clothes still sitting here from our trip to DC. We had one day at home when we returned from DC to get packed up with a different set of clothes to go skiing. Then all this happened with Brett, so I'm trying to go through everything and wash at least what we all need for the week, get Mark ready for a new week at school, and I have to pack to be at the hospital several nights in a row. All the while trying to take care of my high-maintenance crawler, while Rob is doing a new team member orientation at work this morning and just catching up from being away.

As for Brett, not much has changed. He might be breathing a bit better, but they have not started trying to wean him off the oxygen as far as I know. We have been to playgroup every day and I'm taking more toys when I go because since he feels good, he's getting pretty bored as you can imagine. He's going to be in the hospital a bit longer than usual this time. So if you are a Wake Forest/Triangle area friend and you'd like to help out here at home or at the hospital this coming week, please contact me. We are going to need help for sure. A couple people have already volunteered, so I'm going to work on a schedule tomorrow.

So I need the day off from blogging, Facebooking, and emailing. I'll start to catch up once I get back to the hospital tomorrow morning. Thank you for keeping up with us so faithfully and for all your encouraging calls, posts, and words. Remember how we know if someone needs encouragement -- they are breathing!!

Here's the cute video for today:

3 comments:

  1. Love that pic of you and G! He is SO cute! Brett is TOO funny!
    ~Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video is HILARIOUS! You and Rob are fun parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sweet video of Brett made my day! And the picture of you and Gantt is sooo good....I can see why you wanted it to stay at the top of the page longer :-) It's 7.20am and I'm headed to the grocery store. Please don't hesitate to ask me if you need anything this week.

    ReplyDelete