Monday, January 3, 2011

A Faithful Friend

Today we said goodbye to Simba, our loyal pet and faithful friend of 14 years. In cat years, he was 67 years old. We rescued Simba before we were married, and over the years he has been a really great pet.



He has always been really good with the kids.





Here are our attempts to get a good photo of Simba with all the kids - quite unsuccessful, but funny! Rob and Mark are really trying! You can't even SEE Mark in the third photo! These crack me up!







5 comments:

  1. Aw I am so sorry your sweet family pet is gone. What darling (and hilarious) photos you have for your memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so sorry, Jen! We had to put our kitty down a couple years ago, and have missed our first child alot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry Jennifer. Anyone who loves cats knows they become a member of the family and their presence is sorely missed. There is nothing like purring and soft cuddles. Praying for your family in your loss...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you had to say goodbye to your sweet pet...always so sad for the family. :( Yea, for lots of photos to remember the sweet (and funny) times you had together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Simba! I remember him well! Years ago when your mom and I babysat Mark while you and Rob when to a football game, Mark (17-months old) would turn Simba onto his back - sit on him and make him play 'pat-a-cake'. Simba cooperated wholeheartedly!!!! I think Simba enjoyed the game as much as Mark did!

    Simba and Mark entertained us for hours!

    But I'm sure he's happy in Kitty Heaven and I know you ALL will miss him!

    ReplyDelete