Saturday, May 1, 2010

Hospitalization #7

Well, we are back in the hospital again with Brett. Last night he cried almost all night and only slept for 20-30 minutes at a time. He has been lethargic and cranky, and that usually means he's sick, because he's normally such an extremely happy baby. We suspect he has another central line infection, but will have to wait awhile to confirm it. Tonight it's all the usual procedures for us - blood cultures, throat cultures, chest xray, breathing treatments. When we left the house he was not requiring oxygen, but after we had been here about an hour, his sats began dropping to the point of needing oxygen therapy. Just a little, though. He is so tired from not sleeping. We are still in the emergency department right now, but hope to get a room soon. He'll be starting antibiotics tonight. Rob and I were planning to go out tonight for some couple time, but we had to come here instead. But I'm thankful my parents are in town visiting, so Rob and I could at least come to the hospital together. It's always easier with two. More updates soon.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Jennifer. Yes, I'm glad your mom and dad are home with Mark and Gantt - and so is she.

    But sorry you and Rob didn't get to enjoy your 'date.' You've certainly earned some quality time alone.

    Love you bunches .. .and hope to see some good newss here when I sign back on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry that you didn't get to enjoy your date night...and I'm more sorry that Brett is sick! Poor guy! We will be praying for a speedy recovery and that the medicines will do their thing to get him feeling better! Thank goodness this happened this weekend and not last though!

    ReplyDelete