Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I had a great Mother's Day with my husband and all my boys together. And NOT in the hospital!! Yea! Mark and I  had a Mother's Day tea at school on Friday, and then we went to Virginia Beach for the weekend. I'll post pics of that trip soon. We actually made it through our first trip without having to go to the hospital. We were prepared --- we took 2 cars and asked our doctors which hospital to take Brett to if if was needed. We probably would've had to if we had not had the oxygen on hand. I did have to give him the oxygen overnight both nights because his sats were getting extremely low. During the daytime, though, he held around 95-98, which for him is superb.

Mother's Day is a great time to pause and reflect on these special ladies in our lives, and for us as mother's to celebrate our children. It is a time to express our love and gratefulness to our mothers that are still with us. Thank you, Mom! Also, it is a time to remember the love we have for mothers that have passed on. We miss Diane the most on special days like this. We remember our grandmothers as well. I celebrate my children that are with me. And my mother's heart can never forget my two children that never got the chance to experience this life on earth - but I know they are with the Lord and I will meet them someday.

On another note, May is National Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month. All the Great Strides walks are held in May, and I'm going to take this opportunity to post some information about CF here on my blog. In addition to my daily family stuff, I'll pick one aspect of CF to focus on each week and talk about it. I hope it proves informative for those of you who are not as familiar with the disease. And those of you who do, maybe you can help me out by commenting on the posts.

2 comments:

  1. This is great - yep, your mom is one happy camper with both you and David, your spouces, and the wonderful grandchildren you gave her!

    Those boys a Special Mother's Day gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just LOVE it when you make a typo and put it out there for the world to see?

    Oh, well, at least the world knows that I'm not infallible!

    Rob and Kim are SPOUSES - not spouces! LOL

    But we'd love them even if they were spouces!

    ReplyDelete