Sunday, January 17, 2010

The View from the Room


Yesterday Brett's tests came back negative for flu and negative for RSV, so that's good, and we were able to come off contact precautions and droplet precautions - which means we could all stop wearing the masks and gowns and gloves. His IV was kind of limping along, almost not working, and finally quit working last night, so he had to get a new one, which ended up being inserted in his left foot. I am not completely sure whether his breathing is better or worse, because I am not there this weekend - my mom stayed with him so I could get some rest at home and see my other boys. We all got to go to church and to lunch this afternoon, which was nice. Today has been a good day for Brett. No definitive answer yet on whether Brett is big enough for a port. I have not talked to any surgeon face to face yet. I've heard yes, and I've also heard that they prefer them to be at least 10 kilograms, and Brett is only about 7.50. Therefore, it remains to be seen what kind of permanent line he will get; however, it will be in the next few days as we are running out of veins for the little peripheral catheter. I'm headed back up to the hospital in the morning and will hopefully have more information to post tomorrow afternoon.



The pictures are of the creative "view" outside our window. It's kind of nice since otherwise it would just be the tops of buildings!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you all Jennifer. I wish I was closer so I could give you a hug in real life like you gave me just two weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete