Friday, April 8, 2011

April 8 ~ Then and Now

**In the last post, for Leslie and anybody else who was wondering, my shirt says, "Mother of All Things!"

As I was enjoying the warmer weather while walking the breezeway from parking garage to the hospital entrance at UNC today, I began to reflect on the fact that the since the seasons have changed and it is April again, 2 full season cycles have come and gone now that we have been walking this breezeway. Countless times.  Although it's not usually a super fun thing,  I'm glad we still have a reason to walk this path because that means that our son has survived! Today I pushed my cute, precocious two-year-old in to receive his monthly IVIG infusion.

Jennifer and Brett on April 8, 2009

As I was walking down the breezeway and "memory lane," I began to wonder just exactly what we were doing on April 8 two years ago in 2009. So I pulled up that date on this blog, and I was pleased to see that April 8 was the first time Rob and I were able to hold Brett for the first time when he was 6 days old! Rob was mostly authoring the blog in its earliest days to keep you all posted while I was busy doing the things only moms can do for babies. What a wonderful memory!

Jennifer and Brett today, April 8, 2011


Here is the link to that post - it has some cute videos too

Brett then:

Brett now:


~ May we have the reason and the privilege to walk that breezeway for many, many years to come.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, yay!!! Loved this post and walk down memory lane. God has answered our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leading us down the "lane" for a few minutes. Praise God for blessings like my little Brett Baby. Our doll and delight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the personal "shout out" :). As I saw you had a new post I was reminding myself I needed to go back and see if you had responded in the comments, and you saved me the extra trip. :) Two years of memories...what a journey...praying with you for many more years to add to that memory lane.

    ReplyDelete