Monday, January 17, 2011

The Day We Met

Today is the 15th anniversary of the day we met! We met in 1996 at Chick-fil-A at Beechwood Shopping Center in Athens, Georgia while we were  both attending college at the University of Georgia. In the photo we are standing in front of that store.


I was a manager there  (I had already worked there 5 years!) and Rob had just been hired on and it was his first day. He had worked at Chick-fil-A before when he was in high school, and he was coming back to it in hopes of owning a Chick-fil-A business for his career. We got engaged that Thanksgiving and married the next September.

And the rest is history!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! What a cool story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She actually opened the employee door for me and trained me the entire night. When she opened the door she said, "You must be Rob." I thought to myself, I am going to like working here!!!


    rr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you kids! :) What a great story...I love that you remember the exact day you met. Love Rob's comment there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great story and photo! Yeah, I liked Rob's thoughts too ... Happy Annivery to you two!

    Looks like two of Rob's dreams came true - A Chick-fil-A store with you to help manage . .at least until Mark came along.

    Best WIshes for the future!

    ReplyDelete