Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hello, September!

I can't believe it's already September 8th! And I can't believe it's been 11 days since my last post. As usual, our family has been very busy. I don't enjoy being very busy. I try to protect our calendar fiercely so that we can enjoy downtime and freetime, and so we're more flexible when our plans have to change. However, it is truly amazing how the calendar sort of seems to take on a life of its own.

Is that a nugget you're eating?
Between Rob's sometimes crazy work/travel/hockey schedule, Mark's school and homework schedule (special days, parties, field trips), various appointments (for all 5 of us), therapies for Brett 3 days a week (they come to the house, yay), things can get pretty busy at times. And that's not even mentioning the daily therapies that must be performed on Brett - those are a given.  Mark is only in one extra-curricular activity, soccer, but it takes one evening and every Saturday morning. Also, in my quest to do something good for myself, I've committed to an exercise class called "Boot Camp" 2 days a week and tennis lessons one day a week. I'd love to play tennis more - I'm really enjoying it - but right now I feel as though I'm lucky to be even doing it at all. Without my "assistant," Erica, I definitely wouldn't be able to. We live by the clock, which although can be binding, in other ways it's freeing to have that "flexible routine" because everyone knows what comes next and what to expect. Now if I could just get laundry on a schedule and dinner on the table...

As for Brett, he is doing MUCH better. He looks and acts much healthier, and many people have commented on it. It seems as though he has gained weight, but we'll see for sure at our appointment today. At the last clinic visit we decided to advance his feeds and we made a few dietary changes. He did end up testing positive for enterovirus and rhinovirus (common cold). Look for a post tomorrow regarding the results of today's clinic visit.

3 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well at the clinic! I have the same issue with protecting our calendar...I can see the need even more so for your family! Best wishes with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah much more readable! :) Glad to hear Brett seems better...yea for you carving out a little time for yourself....I know how hard that is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you back in blogworld! And so happy to hear the good news about Brett:)

    ReplyDelete