Monday, November 23, 2009

For the most part, a sleepless night for Brett and me. He is doing ok but hasn't been on his feeds since we got to the emergency room Saturday afternoon about 4pm. He is normally on a continuous feed. That's a long time not to be fed, and he's very hungry. The doctors want an upper GI study done before we feed through the tube again. So last night I could give Brett baby food up until midnight. I gave him as much as he would eat because it would still be a long time before the study. He woke up about every 20 minutes and cried. Tylenol did help him settle for a couple of hours, then he started again. The recliner chair I am trying to sleep in is very creaky. Many times I would get up, hold the paci in until he was calmed down, only to try to get back in my chair and it creaked and woke him up to start crying again. Needless to say, we're both pretty beat. Found out that they can't get him in for the study until 1:30 this afternoon. I sure hope everything is OK so we can start feeds again. More on that later this afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment